Exporting and Importing a Template
If you own more than one site, you may want to use the same template in two or more of them. To do so, first export the template
to your desktop as a compressed file first and then import it to the other site(s) where you plan to use it.
Exporting a Template
To export a template as a compressed file, access the Portfolio Templates tool on the appropriate site and follow these steps:
- If the Portfolio Templates home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Find the template you want to work with and click the Export link below its name. Sakai displays the Opening File window.
- Follow the instructions
Importing a Template
To import a compressed template file from your desktop to a Sakai site, access the site to which you want to import it and
follow these steps:
- Add the file to Resources.
- Access the Portfolio Templates tool. If the home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Click the Import link on the Portfolio Templates menu bar near the top of the screen. Sakai displays the Import Template screen.
- Click the Select file link. Sakai displays the Select Item.
- Select the compressed file for the template by following the instructions for selecting an item. After you click Finish, Sakai
displays the Import Template screen again. The name of the file you chose is shown in the Template File box.
- To import the file, click Import Template. Sakai imports the file and displays the Portfolio Templates home page. The imported
template is listed there. Or, to return to the home page without importing the file, click Cancel.