Adding a Layout
If you are a system administrator, be advised that any layout that you add to the PortfolioAdmin site automatically becomes
available to all sites on yourSAKAI instance.
To add a portfolio layout to the site, follow these steps:
- Add the files for this layout to Resources.
- Access the Portfolio Layouts tool.
- If the Portfolio Layouts home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- In the Portfolio Layouts menu bar near the top of the screen, click the Add button. Sakai displays the Add Layout screen.
- In the Display Name box, enter a meaningful name for the layout. This is the name that will display to site participants when
they create portfolios. This entry is required. If desired, enter a description of this layout in the Description box.
- Click the Select File link for the XHTML Layout File box. Sakai displays the Select Item screen.
- Select the XHTML file you need by following the instructions for selecting an item. After you click Finish, Sakai displays
the Add Layout screen again. The name of the file you selected is shown in the box.
- To make a preview of the layout available, click the Select File link for the Preview Image box. Sakai displays the Select
Item screen Proceed as in step 7, above.
- To add this layout to the site, click the Add Layout button. Sakai displays the Portfolio Layouts home page. The new layout
is shown in the list. Or, to return to this page without adding the new layout, click Cancel.